Bike MS: Buckeye Breakaway 2015 (formerly known as Pedal to the Point)
Date(s): August 1-2, 2015
Start/Finish Location: Brunswick High School, School 3581 Center St., Brunswick, Ohio
12/15 - Only - $15
12/16 - 3/15 - $30
3/16 - 5/15 - $50
5/16 - 7/26 - $75
Fundraising Minimum: $300
Route Options: 30, 75, 100, 150
Age Minimum: 12
Welcome to Bike MS: Buckeye Breakaway 2015! For those of you that haven’t heard, we have changed the former Pedal to the Point ride this year. This is something that we have been looking into and talking to participants about for several years. We’re excited about this move as we hope to provide an extraordinary experience for our riders and create a community feel at the new overnight location – Ashland University.
Some of the things you can look forward to in 2015:
- We will still be starting and finishing at Brunswick High School and our lunch stop will still be at Lorain County Joint Vocational School.
- Riders have the option to obtain less expensive accommodations than what was available in Sandusky. Contact Tony Bernard at 614-515-4608 to reserve your dorm room today!
- The food at Ashland will help us to meet a number of dietary needs (vegetarian, vegan, gluten free). If you know anyone that went to Ashland, just ask them about the food. They’ll tell you how great it is!
- We’ll be providing recreational options at Ashland such as swimming, hot tub use, video games, foosball, pool tables, etc. This is an air conditioned space where riders are welcome to hang out.
- We’ll be having an overnight party complete with entertainment and our new beer sponsor, Left Hand Brewing! Team Left Hand will also be riding in the event! The team went over $1 million in fundraising this year for the Society! Check them out on Facebook!
- Teams will get to showcase themselves and be as creative as they can in our new Team Village!
For our 30 mile riders, you will still be riding to Lorain County Joint Vocational School in Oberlin. Once you get there, there will be busses and trucks to transport you and your bikes back to Brunswick. Make sure to sign up for a bus time when you register.
For our 75, 100, and 150 mile riders, you will all end your first day at Ashland University. If you are a one day rider, you will be able to take part in some of the festivities before catching a bus back to Brunswick. Make sure to sign up for a bus time when you register. We’ve adjusted these times a bit to accommodate you a little better.
Our two day riders will have the option of getting a hotel room in Ashland, purchasing a dorm room on campus, camping outside on the field south of the Student Recreation Center or camping in the Student Recreation Center. Watch for information on this in your confirmation email once you register.
The ride is fully supported with rest stops, bike mechanics, medical and safety volunteers, and support vehicles. Invite your family and friends to cheer as you cross the finish line and enjoy a wonderful celebration. A fantastic finish awaits you with great food, music, and massages!
Bike MS will take you further than you’ve ever gone before. It’s not the miles that matter – it’s the unforgettable journey. Join us for an event that’s more than a ride – it’s anticipation, camaraderie, personal accomplishment, and the knowledge that you are changing lives . . . making every mile that much sweeter!
Want to see what the new route looks like? Join us for a training ride on Saturday, May 9! We will be meeting at 9 a.m. at Lorain County Joint Vocational School - 15181 State Route 58 in Oberlin. The Buckeye Breakaway ride route will remain the same for the first half of the route. After lunch at the LCJVS, we will start to head south. We are offering a 45-50 mile ride so you all can see the second half of the route. If you plan to participat, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put "Training Ride" in the subject line and your name in the body of the email so we know who will be riding.
Buckeye Breakaway Packet Pick Up
All ride participants must come to ride packet pick up to obtain their rider bibs, luggage tags, wrist band and event shirt. There will be NO Saturday Check In. If you choose to pick up your packet, you must do so during the following scheduled times:
- Friday, July 20 - 24 - from 8:30 am-7:00 pm
National MS Society Office 6155 Rockside Road, Ste. 202, Independence, OH 44131*
*Look for signs that will direct you to the exact packet pick-up location in the building.
July 25 - from 10:00 am-2:00 pm
Green Classroom at the Oak Clinic 3838 Massillon Road, Uniontown, OH 44685
July 31 - from 12:00 pm-7:00 pm
Brunswick High School 3581 Center Road, Brunswick, OH 44212
Participants unable to make Packet Pick Up can have their packet mailed to them. There will be a $10 surcharge for each mailed packet. You will be able to pay the $10 surcharge online through our E-Commerce store.